- I haven’t had enough coffee.
- I need to make dinner.
- It took me 2 hours to drive home from work.
- Writing in front of kids=comfort zone. In front of adults, not so much….
- I should be sending work emails, making calls for the fundraising event at the YMCA, and planning for tomorrow. And many, many other items on my to-do list. (AKA, my to-distract me from writing list).
- A small person is saying “noooooo….Noooooo….NOOOOOO” to her brother in the next room. I should probably handle that.
- And now I think I have had too much coffee….
Bottom line, writing is amazing and fun and cathartic and freeing and really really really hard. But the really, really hard part is what is in front of me write now. I mean right now. This challenge, while something I am so excited about, is feeling like a huge uphill battle today. And it might feel like that again tomorrow. And I guess that is OK.
But the title is “Slice of Life,” not “Define my Life,” right? I guess I have a whole month to piece together that definition of my life. I don’t have to do it today. Maybe tomorrow….